Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G 5G mobile platform announced
The latest processor from Qualcomm namely Snapdragon 780G 5G is officially announced today. The processor is claimed to have several features of Snapdragon 888 but we get it at a cheaper price. As the Snapdragon 780G is the successor of 765G, this processor performance is higher than its predecessor. The new SoC uses a Kryo 670 CPU with up to “40% more performance”, with no reference point for this comparison. In any case, the cores used – from the 600 series – should take inspiration from the CortexA-78 and the Adreno 642 GPU which performs “50% louder”, compared to Snapdragon 765 G chipset.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G 5G Specifications
- CPU – 2 X Cortex-A78 @ 2.4GHz & 6 X Cortex-A88 @ 1.8Ghz.
- GPU – Adreno 642
- RAM – LPDDR4-4200
- Qualcomm Spectra- 570 ISP.
- Quick Charge 4
- Bluetooth v5.2.
- WiFi 6 & Wi-Fi 6E.
- 12 tera operations per second (TOPs) AI performance.
- up to 192- megapixel camera.
- 5G modem – Snapdragon X53.
- Powerful AI
- Brilliant camera capture
- AI-powered video & voice calls.
- 5G Modem- RF system
- Industry-leading Wi-Fi 6 & Bluetooth audio
- Smooth, immersive gaming.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G 5G Highlights
- The new Snapdragon 780G 5G mobile platform is only the first in the Snapdragon 7-series to come with a triple image signal processor (ISP) that includes support for 4K HDR + (1080p). with computational HDR and HDR10 video capture.
- The new Snapdragon 780G cores have a maximum processing frequency of 2.4 GHz, with larger cores being comparable to the high-end SoC, the Snapdragon 888 whose main core reaches 2.84 GHz.
- Qualcomm itself calls it an “incredible engine for creating content with powerful AI and brilliant capture”. Supporting this title, the Snapdragon 780G features a triple image signal processor (ISP), the Spectra 570 ISP suite.
- The new “engine” has the model number SM7350-AB, being able to support LPDDR4 RAM up to 2.1 GHz (frequency) and 16 GB (capacity). Its features are impressive, catapulting it to the list of the best mobile processors.
- The new Snapdragon 780G 5G chipset comes with Snapdragon X53 Modem which is capable of delivering 3.3Gbps of download speeds on sub-6Ghz frequencies.
- This Qualcomm SoC uses the X53 5G modem with support for download speeds up to 3.3 Gbps. On the other hand, it does not support mmWave for the fifth generation of mobile networks, “only” the sub-6.
- The processor also supports Quick Charge 4+ fast-charge technology, as well as the USB 3.1 standard. It also supports the Wi-Fi 6E standard, Bluetooth 5.2, among other connectivities.
Smartphones with Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G 5G processor
Qualcomm Snapdragon 768G VS Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G VS Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G
|Qualcomm Snapdragon 768G||Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G||Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G|
|CPU||Kryo 475||Kryo 475||Kryo 670|
|GPU||Adreno 620 @ 750 MHz||Adreno 620 @ 625 MHz||Adreno 642|
|5G||DL: Up to 3.7 Gbps; UL: Up to 1.6 Gbps||DL: Up to 3.7 Gbps; UL: Up to 1.6 Gbps||DL: Up to 3.7 Gbps; UL: Up to 1.6 Gbps|
|Fast charging||Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+||Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+||Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+|
|Other||Bluetooth 5.2, USB-C 3.1||Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C 3.1||Bluetooth 5.2, USB-C 3.1|