Qualcomm today announced the Snapdragon 780G Chipset with 5nm technology. Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite will be the first smartphone with the Snapdragon 780G 5G
Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G 5G mobile platform announced
The latest processor from Qualcomm namely Snapdragon 780G 5G is officially announced today. The processor is claimed to have several features of Snapdragon 888 but we get it at a cheaper price. As the Snapdragon 780G is the successor of 765G, this processor performance is higher than its predecessor. The new SoC uses a Kryo 670 CPU with up to “40% more performance”, with no reference point for this comparison. In any case, the cores used – from the 600 series – should take inspiration from the CortexA-78 and the Adreno 642 GPU which performs “50% louder”, compared to Snapdragon 765 G chipset.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G 5G Specifications
Here are the complete specifications of the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G 5G mobile platform.
- CPU – 2 X Cortex-A78 @ 2.4GHz & 6 X Cortex-A88 @ 1.8Ghz.
- GPU – Adreno 642
- RAM – LPDDR4-4200
- Qualcomm Spectra- 570 ISP.
- Quick Charge 4
- Bluetooth v5.2.
- WiFi 6 & Wi-Fi 6E.
- 12 tera operations per second (TOPs) AI performance.
- up to 192- megapixel camera.
- 5G modem – Snapdragon X53.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G has been announced promising flagship features in a mid-range chipset. The company Qualcomm claimed its new latest processor Snapdragon 780G 5G Mobile Platform chipset is completely a content-creating powerhouse with powerful Al and brilliant capture. Backed by tons of 7-series firsts like a triple ISP. the 6th gen Qualcomm’ Al Engine, and lightning-fast Wi-Fi 6, you’ll create, enhance, and share endlessly and the chipset comes with the following features;
- Powerful AI
- Brilliant camera capture
- AI-powered video & voice calls.
- 5G Modem- RF system
- Industry-leading Wi-Fi 6 & Bluetooth audio
- Smooth, immersive gaming.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G 5G Highlights
These are the main highlights of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G 5G mobile platform.
- The new Snapdragon 780G 5G mobile platform is only the first in the Snapdragon 7-series to come with a triple image signal processor (ISP) that includes support for 4K HDR + (1080p). with computational HDR and HDR10 video capture.
- The new Snapdragon 780G cores have a maximum processing frequency of 2.4 GHz, with larger cores being comparable to the high-end SoC, the Snapdragon 888 whose main core reaches 2.84 GHz.
- Qualcomm itself calls it an “incredible engine for creating content with powerful AI and brilliant capture”. Supporting this title, the Snapdragon 780G features a triple image signal processor (ISP), the Spectra 570 ISP suite.
- The new “engine” has the model number SM7350-AB, being able to support LPDDR4 RAM up to 2.1 GHz (frequency) and 16 GB (capacity). Its features are impressive, catapulting it to the list of the best mobile processors.
- The new Snapdragon 780G 5G chipset comes with Snapdragon X53 Modem which is capable of delivering 3.3Gbps of download speeds on sub-6Ghz frequencies.
- This Qualcomm SoC uses the X53 5G modem with support for download speeds up to 3.3 Gbps. On the other hand, it does not support mmWave for the fifth generation of mobile networks, “only” the sub-6.
- The processor also supports Quick Charge 4+ fast-charge technology, as well as the USB 3.1 standard. It also supports the Wi-Fi 6E standard, Bluetooth 5.2, among other connectivities.
Smartphones with Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G 5G processor
The new Snapdragon 780G 5G mobile platform is announced will be available in the second quarter of 2021. The Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite will be one of the first smartphones with the Snapdragon 780G 5G. The first smartphones with this new Qualcomm processor will hit the market in the coming months. Xiaomi has already announced that it will be one of the first to use the Snapdragon 780G 5G on its next Mi 11 Lite.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 768G VS Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G VS Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G
Check out the technical comparison between the Qualcomm Snapdragon 768G, Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G, and Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G
|Qualcomm Snapdragon 768G||Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G||Qualcomm Snapdragon 780G|
|CPU||Kryo 475||Kryo 475||Kryo 670|
|GPU||Adreno 620 @ 750 MHz||Adreno 620 @ 625 MHz||Adreno 642|
|5G||DL: Up to 3.7 Gbps; UL: Up to 1.6 Gbps||DL: Up to 3.7 Gbps; UL: Up to 1.6 Gbps||DL: Up to 3.7 Gbps; UL: Up to 1.6 Gbps|
|Fast charging||Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+||Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+||Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+|
|Other||Bluetooth 5.2, USB-C 3.1||Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C 3.1||Bluetooth 5.2, USB-C 3.1|
I don’t know how much you are waiting for this but I’m waiting eagerly for this beast for the better gaming purpose. Plz. post your opinions in the comment section