macOS big sur 11.2.2 Released! Crucial USB-C fix for MacBook Pro & MacBook Air when they are connected to certain third-party USB-C hubs and docks
macOS Big Sur 11.2.2 update
Apple has rolled out a new update for Mac users that lets you get the MacOS 11.2.2 operating system. The Version of the “Big Sur” system is mainly intended to fix crucial USB-C errors when using third-party accessories.
According to Apple, macOS Big Sur 11.2.2 prevents MacBook Pro (2019 or later) and MacBook Air (2020 or later) models from incurring damage when they are connected to certain third-party, non-compliant powered USB-C hubs and docks. Last month Apple released macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 and now version 11.2.2 again
What’s new in macOS Big Sur 11.2.2 update?
BigSur 11.2.2 brought the fixes for the following problems;
- External monitors could be a black screen when connected to the Mac Mini (M1, 2020) with an HDMI to DVI converter.
- Edits of Apple ProRAW format images in the images app may not have been saved.
- iCloud Drive could be turned off after disabling the iCloud Drive option Folders Desktop and Documents.
- The global key may not have displayed the Emojis panel and symbols when pressed.
- System Settings may not have been unlocked when you entered the Administrator password.
How to download macOS Big Sur 11.2.2 update? [Step-By-Step]
macOS Big Sur 11.2.2 now available for download. Do you use macOS Big Sur? Update it!
A bug has been discovered for MacBook Pros and MacBook Airs using Big Sur. Damage could occur if you use a USB-C hub. However, this update is also available for iMac users.
Here’s a step-by-step process how to update to macOS Big Sur 11.2.2 update for macOS Big Sur users
You download macOS Big Sur 11.2 via the System Preferences:
- Go to Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Click Software Update.
- Your Mac will now automatically search for the latest version.
- Click on “Update Now” to install.