Corona (Covid-19) is increasing rapidly day by day in the country. In the second wave of covid 19 cases are increasing in very high rate. The Central Government has announced that it is opening the process of vaccine registrations for all above 18 from April 28 onwards on coWin application and website. The state government of West Bengal declared free vaccination which will start from 5th May 2023. The official website of coWIN portal is coWIN.gov.in
The Serum Institute of India announced that Covidshield will be sold at Rs 400 per dose to the state government and Rs 600 to private hospitals. Covidshield is known as AstraZeneca across the world. The Chief Minister Of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee recently announced that “We have asked the center government for 10 million doses of vaccine. We will buy with money. After May 5, we want to vaccinate everyone over the age of 18. Whoever applies will get it. She also said that “One by one camps will be set up in the neighborhoods for this vaccination. This work has now been started for Kolkata as now Kolkata Corona is very scattered”
how to register for Covid vaccine in west bengal
- 1 how to register for Covid vaccine in west bengal
- 2 Required documents for coWIN registration
- 3 Covid-19 Vaccine fees
- 4 How to register for vaccine through UMANG
- 5 Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate Verification
Want to register for Covid-19 vaccine ? Don’t worry follow the below steps. we will cover all the steps to register yourself for vaccination. From 1st of May all the Indian citizens above 18 years old can apply for the vaccination but to take the vaccine they will have to go through the registration process at first. The registration process will starts from 28th April 2023 via online.
Required documents for coWIN registration
To complete the registration on coWIN you will have to provide a photo ID proof provided by government of India. There have 7 Photo ID documents you can provide any one of then to complete the coWIN registration.
- Aadhar Card
- Voter Card
- Pan Card
- NPR Smart Card
- Driving License
- Pension documents with a photograph attached
Covid-19 Vaccine fees
If you are going to take the vaccine at the government hospitals then the vaccine is absolutely free of costs. In the private hospitals Covaxin vaccine is costs 400 rupees for the state. Cowin only shows the government hospitals in their lists. So if you are registering through cowin portal then you don’t need to pay any fees.
How to register via coWIN app and website
1. At first go to the play store and type coWin on the search bar and download the application then install it on your mobile or you can directly visit the official website https://selfregistration.cowin.gov.in
2. Now For the registration Enter your mobile number and click on Get OTP.
3. A OTP will be sent to your mobile number, now verify the OTP.
4. Now you can see ‘Verify’ option, click on verify. After clicking on verify a new page will open on your screen.
5. You can see a Registration page on your screen. Here you will need to provide any one documents like Aadhar card, Pan card, Voter card, Driving Licence etc….
6. Fill the complete form by entering your name, age and group and click on ‘Register‘
7. After clearing all the above process, Select the health centre and schedule an appointment for any available date.
8. Tap on Book appointment to successfully register yourself for the COVID-19 vaccine.
9. Now Enter your area pincode, where you want to take the vaccine.
10. Now a list will pop up where you can see Where to get vaccinated for free and where with money.
11. Choose any one of the options and select the date and time of vaccinated.
12. Finally Click On Book Option.
By following the above steps you can apply for covid vaccine in west bengal.
How to register using the Aarogya Setu app on android & iOS
aarogya setu vaccine registration online process given below.
1. At the very first go to the play store and download the Aarogya Setu app and install it on your device.
2. Register the app throug mobile number and verify it with the OTP.
3. Now Tap on the Vaccination Tab.
4. On the ‘Registration for Vaccination’ page, enter all details, Including Photo ID proof, name, age, gender and year of birth.
5. After completing all the registration process you all need to choose a schedule to get vaccinated.
6. Enter your pin code and your centers on your area will appear on your screen
7. Select the center and click on ‘Confirm’ button.
How to register for vaccine through UMANG
Follow the below steps to register for vaccine through UMANG on portal
- At first go to google or open any browser on your smartphone and type web.umang.gov.in on the search bar or click
- After that you can see a ‘LOG IN’ option at the top of the right corner. Click on the ‘User Log In’ option.
- The log in page will appear on your screen select any one options between MPIN or OTP.
- If you are a new user then you have to create account first then go through the log in process.
- Now enter your mobile number and click on get OTP.
- Enter the OTP log in to UMANG and start the registration process.
- Follow all the steps fill the all required documents and complete the registration.
- Now book a slot and select the date and time of vaccinated.
Follow the below steps to register for vaccine through UMANG application
- Go to play store or apple store and type ‘UMANG’ on the search bar and install the application.
- After installing the application log in to the app
- Log in to the app successfully to proceed the next app.
- you will enter your Umang profile and have to click on the CoWIN option to follow the registration process as mentioned under the section of CoWIN above.
Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate Verification
After you took the vaccination, you will be awarded a certification from the vaccination center. It is important to take the certificate after vaccination to verify whether it is authentic or not. You can download the certificate after the vaccination done.
- Firstly go to the cowin portal
- Now find the option verify certificate on the top right corner and click on that
- After that click on the ‘Scan Qr Code’
- Click on the Allow option to use your camera
- Now scan the Qr code you got in the certificate
- Once the verification is done, you will get a message of successful verification along with your details such as name, age, gender. If the certificate is not authentic, you will get a message of Certificate Invalid.
how to apply for covid vaccine in west bengal ?
You can register for covid vaccine in west bengal from 28th of April 2021. link of cowin.gov.in registration
Who can register on coWIN ?
All Indian Adults can register on coWIN or Aarogya Setu App.
How to locate nearest covid vaccine centers ?
Citizens can visit the CoWIN portal, Aarogya Setu portal or the MapMyIndia online site to locate the nearest vaccination centre.
What age can get covid vaccine ?
Any Indian Citizens above 18 years old are eligible to take vaccine.